We understand commercial real estate investors do not want to be deluged with crowded pages of triviality in a report – they want information with horsepower. Investors want information they can use to make a deal happen. Information that will control expenses, avoid headaches and stimulate growth.
With this in mind, we offer an “Engineered Building Survey” (EBS). The EBS is a cost-effective service that gives investors the power of experience and engineering expertise on a building site for a preliminary examination of property.
The basic element of a Team Engineering EBSTM have been earned through years of study and collaboration with long-time real estate investor colleagues. The horsepower punches in from the additional information we include in the service. Every report receives a projection of capital expenditures. The projections identify capital expenditures costs and sets a general guideline forecast for the timing of your expenditures. We can also drill down on specific issues, if necessary. We can bring in independent experts to enhance the details that you want to know. Our independent experts can closely examine specific issues like HVAC, Structure, Fire Protection, Septic, Electrical and all facets of the building envelope.
A Cost-Effective Alternative to Property Condition Assessments
This service covers all aspects of a full “Property Condition Assessment” (PCA), but not to the detail of the ASTM Standard. We include initial evaluations of the following:
- Site – Drainage, Parking, Landscaping
- Envelope – Exterior, Windows, Doors, Roofing, Insulation, Loading Docks
- Structural – Foundation, Floor Framing, Roof Framing
- Mechanical – Heating, Air Conditioning, Ventilation
- Electrical – Service, Distribution, Lighting
- Plumbing – Water Source and Disposal Methods, Hot Water Production, Bathrooms, Fixtures
- Interior – Finish Materials
- Life Safety – Fire Detection/Notification/Suppression, Egress,
- Accessibility – Parking, Accessible
If you have a specific issue that you want leverage on, contact us. We want to help.